St. John’s C.E. (C) Primary School PTA
What do we do?
St John’s School PTA (Parent & Teachers Association) is a registered charity (no.1028150) run by parents and teachers that fundraises throughout the school year enabling the school to purchase required resources and provides funding for extracurricular activities that help make your child’s school a fun and exciting one.
We usually meet up in the school as and when needed depending on activities being organised and over a coffee we discuss/organise forthcoming events. If you have a child in the school you are automatically a member of the PTA; it is up to you if you become an active member!
So, what do we fund?
Every year we continue to fund:
- £100 per class towards the coach for educational day trips out (helping to keep the cost down to parents)
- £500 towards the school’s Text2Parents system per year
- £40 per class for Christmas craft activities
- A Christmas selection box for every child within the school
- End of year personalised leavers mugs
- End of year 100% attenders gifts
- Engraving/purchasing of medal/trophies for the Pride of St John’s Awards Ceremony
How do we raise the funds?
We hold a variety of fundraising events and activities ranging from a school calendar, raffles and Christmas or summer fair (COVID permitting). We also run events for the children at the end of each term such as bingo or a fun disco (usually £1 or £2 entry depending on the event).
We are always open to new ideas and would love to see you become an active member of St John’s PTA. Meeting dates are usually sent out via text to all parents. If you would like more information about the PTA and how to be involved, please leave your details in the school office and somebody will get in touch.
Why your PTA really matters
Next PTA meeting:
Wednesday 9th November 2022
The PTA would like to thank everybody for their continued support.